If you have access to the local vault from a computer that was previously backing up and you know the account name and password for the account that the computer was using you can restore directly from the local vault as follows:
- Be sure that the new computer is using the latest version of the client software
- Install client software on a new computer with the same account name and password as used on the original computer.
- Transfer your local backup folder from original computer to new computer (perhaps via attaching a USB drive).
- In the local vault folders, change the folders named after the old computer's domain name and computer name to match the domain and computer name for the computer you are trying to restore from.
- In client software on the new computer, on Backup->Settings tab, specify the location of the local backup folder from the last step as “Backup to local vault” and click on the “Save” button.
- In client software on the new computer, on Restore tab, click the “Refresh” button and then select the computer name you wish to restore from (the one matching the computer whose local vault you specified in step 3).
- In client software on the new computer, perform your restore on Restore tab, the client software will look first in the local cache to restore data from, and if it can’t find a file in there it will then try to restore from the remote server.
Note: If you don’t have the local backup folder from the original computer you can still restore data from the remote backup server. These instructions are for someone who has preserved the local backup folder from original computer (perhaps it was used as an offsite archive) and specifically wants to restore from that local folder rather than the remote backup server.