- Be sure the original computer used client version 2013.12.10 or later of the client to do a backup, and that new computer is using latest version of client software
- Install client software on new computer with same account name and password as used on original computer.
- Transfer your local backup folder from original computer to new computer (perhaps via attaching a USB drive).
- In client software on new computer, on Backup->Settings tab, specify the location of local backup folder from last step as “Backup to local folder” and click on the “Save” button.
- In client software on new computer, on Restore tab, click the “Refresh” button and then select the computer name you wish to restore from (the one matching the computer whose local vault you specified in step 3).
- In client software on new computer, perform your restore on Restore tab, the client software will look first in local cache to restore data from, and if it can’t find a file there it will then try to restore from remote server.
Note: If you don’t have the local backup folder from original computer you can still restore data from the remote backup server. These instructions are for someone who has preserved the local backup folder from original computer (perhaps it was used as an offsite archive) and specifically wants to restore from that local folder rather then the remote backup server.