If you haven't already, create an account.
WholesaleBackup tries to support all Apple supported versions of MacOS (
Once registered, sign-in to the Backup Management Web Console located at: https://dash.backupops.com and fill out the backup client installer build form. The installer will automatically be generated on completing the form.
Download the Mac installer from Backup Ops, which you can get by clicking the "Apple" button next to your brand. In addition to the installer, you will need to copy your brand's installation code, which will be used during the installation process.
- During the installation process, you will be prompted to input your installation code, which will pull in your custom branding and connects the backup client to your backend storage.
- Once the setup wizard completes, a web page will load and you will be prompted to create (or re-use an existing) backup account on the backup host's servers. This information will be securely transmitted to your backup host using a 128-bit encrypted https connection and not used for marketing purposes.
Note the checkbox at the bottom of the above dialog box. If you check this box your backup host will be able to help you recover your encryption key if you lose it, and they will also be able to perform server-side restoration of your data (for example to e-mail you a file or provide you with a USB disk with unencrypted data). If you need to comply with regulations such as HIPAA or PCI, you probably will not want to check this box. After a few moments, you will receive confirmation of your backup account registration.
- Once the backup client has been registered, you will be prompted to give the backup client's executables Full Disk Access, which is required for the backup client to be able to scan and access many folders, including its own install files. Please make sure both have check marks:
- Next, you will be prompted for a few important initial settings. You can always change these (and other) settings after installation, but we've found most users want to specify values for these during installation. If you would like a local backup (for fastest restores) in addition to your remote backup, you specify it here. In addition, you can specify when to run your backups and what to do if your backups need to continue into business hours (your first full backup will be the longest).
- Next, you will be prompted for some default selections of what you would like backed up. Once again, you may modify these settings after installation (to whatever precision you like), but we've found that most users want to make initial/default settings at installation time.
- At this point, picking "OK" will let you know that you have successfully installed the backup client and that you can open the client to review your file selections and make other settings changes (such as to receive emails with information about your backups).
NOTE: Depending on your client environment you may need to configure Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software and any in-use Firewalls to allow backups to succeed. Please see this FAQ on the topic: Adding Anti-Virus Exclusions And Firewall Permissions